Policies & Procedures
Like all communities, 20 South Clark functions according to a set of rules and regulations. These rules have been adopted for the safety, benefit, and convenience of all tenants and other persons on the property.
Below is a summary of some - but not all - of the building rules and regulations that can be found in tenant leases. Any questions regarding building rules and regulations should be directed to the Building Management Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tenants are required to provide insurance coverage for their suite and personal possessions, pursuant to their lease. Lease clauses may be different from tenant to tenant on actual requirement limits.
Please contact the Building Management Office for a listing of your minimum insurance requirements.
All contractors are required to be licensed to work in the State of Illinois and must provide a Certificate of Insurance that is compliant with the building's minimum insurance requirements before work can start. The minimum insurance requirements for Construction Contractors and Service Contactors are listed below:
All work must be scheduled in advance through the Building Management Office.
Our primary goal is to build a strong relationship with each of our tenants through good communication and cooperation. We strive to provide the most prompt, courteous and efficient service possible. Coordinating your move-in with the Building Management Office will help ensure a smooth transition to 20 South Clark Street.
Listed below are several documents you will need to submit to the Building Management Office before your scheduled move:
- Tenant Contact & Emergency Contact Form (opens in new window)
- Property Removal Authorization (opens in new window)
- ComEd Change Service Form (opens in new window)
Click Here (opens in new window) for a Check-List that will help simplify the Move-In process.
Choosing A Moving Date
Please note that all moves and deliveries must be scheduled with the Building Management Office in advance.
All moves must be scheduled through the Office of the Building before 7:00 a.m. or after 5:00 p.m. on weekdays, or on Saturday or Sunday. All moves necessitate scheduling of a freight operator. Tenant will be charged the current overtime rate for this employee. Friday evenings and Saturday mornings are ideal times to move.
The building has one (1) freight elevator. If several new tenants are planning a move, or if construction is proceeding in other areas of the building, dates and times of freight usage must be staggered. Schedule your date early with the Office of the Building at (312) 726-0711 and coordinate with your construction completion.
Movers must be insured according to building requirements and provide proof of union status. The following is a list of union moving companies and our minimum insurance requirements.
- 2022 Approved Union Movers (opens in new window)
- Service Contractors - Insurance Requirements (opens in new window)
Please contact the Building Management Office regarding the setup of the internal/exterior keying system you desire. Our building engineers can help you design a system to fit your specific needs. You should determine how many suite entrance door keys your employees will need. The building will provide two keys per lock at no charge to new tenants. Any additional keys must be purchased by the tenant. You may arrange for keys to be picked up prior to your move date.
Please note that all keys must be signed out by an authorized employee.
20 South Clark Street tenants are issued an electronic access card, which will allow you to sign in and out of the building and activate elevator systems during off-hours. Once you have provided the Building Management Office with the complete Tenant Contact & Emergency Contact Form, they must have photos submitted or taken at the security desk in the main lobby to be issued an electronic access card. Access cards may usually be picked up in the Building Management Office one business day after the employee’s photo has been taken or submitted. These cards remain the property of 20 South Clark Street and if lost must be replaced at Tenant’s expense.
Tenants may also elect to install their own suite security system at their own expense.
Telephone & Data Service
The following is a current list of service providers at 20 South Clark along with the contact information of our building representatives:
Phone and data service should be handled in two steps: 1) Tenants must contact AT&T to run telephone and data lines into the building. 2) When the date of installation is set by AT&T, you should contact our riser management company (IMG) to coordinate with the tele-data contractor(s) you choose.
AT&T is responsible for bringing communication lines into the building.
IMG is responsible for pulling communications lines up the building riser and into the communication closet on your floor.
Your chosen communication company is responsible for any wiring into your suite from the floor’s communication closet. (IMG can also provide a quote for this service at your request.)
For additional information, please contact Lisa Shoulders with IMG at (630) 737-9800, visit the IMG web site at www.imgrisermgmt.com (opens in new window), or call the Office of the Building at (312) 726-0711.
Please note that all communications workers must be members of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) and provide a certificate of insurance to the Office of the Building prior to the date work is scheduled.
DirecTV and Comcast Cable service are available to all tenants at 20 South Clark Street. Please contact the provider directly for a proposal outlining service and fees. To coordinate installation of your service, please call the Office of the Building at (312) 726-0711.
To the extent that there is any inconsistency between the provisions of the Lease and these Rules and Regulations, the provisions of the Lease shall control.
- The sidewalks, entrances, passages, concourses, ramps, courts, elevators, vestibules, stairways, corridors, or halls shall not be obstructed or used by Tenant or the employees, agents, invitees or business of Tenant for any purpose other than ingress and egress to and from the Premises and for delivery of merchandise and equipment in prompt and efficient manner, using elevators, and passageways designated for such delivery by Landlord.
- No awnings, air-conditioning units, fans or other projections shall be attached to the Building. No curtains, blinds, shades or screens shall be attached to or hung in, or used in connection with, any window or door of the Premises or Building, without the prior written consent of Landlord. Tenant shall not place anything near the glass of any window, door, partition or wall which may, in Landlord’s reasonable judgment, appear unsightly from outside the Building or Premises. All curtains, blinds, shades, screens or other fixtures must be of a quality type, design and color, and attached in the manner approved by Landlord. All electrical fixtures hung in offices or spaces along the perimeter of the Premises must be fluorescent, of a quality type, design and bulb color approved by Landlord unless the prior consent of Landlord has been obtained for other lamping.
- No sign, advertisement, notice or other lettering shall be exhibited, inscribed, painted, or affixed by any tenant on any part of the outside of the Premises or Building or on the inside of the Premises if the same can be seen from the outside of the Premises without the prior written consent of Landlord. In the event of the violation of the foregoing by Tenant, Landlord may remove same without any liability, and may charge the expense incurred by such removal to Tenant or Tenants violating this rule. Interior signs on doors and the directory shall be inscribed, painted or affixed for each tenant by Landlord at the expense of such tenant, and shall be of a standard size, color and style acceptable to Landlord.
- The exterior windows and doors that reflect or admit light and air into the Premises or the halls, passageways or other public places in the Building, shall not be covered or obstructed by any tenant, nor shall any articles be placed on the windowsills. No showcases or other articles shall be put in front or affixed to any part of the exterior of the Building, nor placed in the halls, corridors or vestibules, nor shall any article obstruct any HVAC supply or exhaust without the prior written consent of Landlord.
- The electrical and mechanical closets, water and wash closets, drinking fountains and other plumbing, communications, electrical and mechanical fixtures shall not be used for any purposes other than those for which they were constructed, and no sweepings, rubbish, rags, coffee grounds, acids or other substances shall be deposited therein. Landlord shall have sole power to direct where and how telephone and other wires are to be introduced. No boring or cutting for wires is to be allowed without the consent of Landlord. The location of “Communication Equipment” (as defined in the Lease) affixed to the Premises shall be subject to the approval of Landlord. All damages resulting from any misuse of the fixtures shall be borne by Tenant who, or whose employees, agents, assignees, sublessees, invitees or licensees, shall have caused the same. No person shall waste water by interfering or tampering with the faucets or otherwise.
- No portion of the Premises or the Building shall be used or occupied at any time for manufacturing, for the storage of merchandise, for the sale of merchandise, goods or property of any kind at auction or otherwise or as sleeping or lodging quarters.
- Neither Tenant, nor any of Tenant’s employees, agents, invitees or licensees, shall any time bring or keep upon the Premises any inflammable, combustible caustic, poisonous or explosive fluid, chemical or substance, or use any method of heating or air conditioning other than that supplied by Landlord.
- No bicycles (other than those stored as described below), or any skateboards, roller blades, vehicles or animals of any kind (other than a “service dog,” as such term is used under state statute, used by a person who has a visual impairment, hearing impairment or physical disability), shall be brought into or kept by any person in or about the Premises or the Building. Landlord has established a bicycle storage room in the Building for usage by employees of tenants who have entered into a specific license agreement with Landlord for such use.
- Tenant shall not use or occupy or permit any portion of the Premises to be used or occupied as an office for a public stenographer or typist, offset printing or for the possession, storage, manufacture, sale of liquor, narcotics, dope, tobacco in any form or as a barber or manicure shop, an employment bureau, a labor office, a dance or music studio, any type of school, or for any use other than those specifically granted in the Lease. Tenant shall not engage or pay any employees on the Premises, except those actually working for such tenant on said Premises, and Tenant shall not advertise for labor services for third parties giving an address at said Premises.
- Landlord shall have the right to prohibit any advertising by any Tenant which, in Landlord’s opinion, tends to impair the reputation of the Building or its desirability as a building for offices, and upon written notice from Landlord, Tenant shall refrain from or discontinue such advertising. In no event shall Tenant, without the prior written consent of Landlord, use the name of the Building or use pictures or illustrations of the Building.
- Any person in the Building will be subject to identification by employees and agents of Landlord. All persons in or entering the Building shall be required to comply with the security policies of the Building. Tenant shall keep doors to unattended areas locked and shall otherwise exercise reasonable precautions to protect property from theft, loss or damage. Landlord shall not be responsible for the theft, loss or damage of any property.
- No additional locks or bolts of any kind shall be placed on any door in the Building or the Premises and no lock on any door therein shall be changed or altered in any respect without the consent of Landlord. Landlord shall furnish two (2) keys for each lock on exterior doors to the Premises and shall, on Tenant’s request and at Tenant’s expense, provide additional duplicate keys. All keys, including keys to storerooms and bathrooms, shall be returned to Landlord upon expiration or termination of this Lease. Landlord may at all times keep a pass key to the Premises. All entrance doors to the Premises shall be left closed at all times, and left locked when the Premises are not in use.
- Tenant shall give immediate notice to Landlord in case of theft, unauthorized solicitation, or accident in the Premises or in the Building or of defects therein or in any fixtures or equipment, or of any known emergency in the Building.
- Tenant shall not use the Premises or permit the Premises to be used for photographic, multilith or multigraph reproductions, except in connection with its own business and not as a service for others, without Landlord’s prior permission.
- No freight, furniture or bulky matter of any description will be received into the Building or carried into the elevators except in such a manner, during such hours and using such elevators and passageways as may be approved by Landlord, and then only upon having been scheduled at least two (2) working days prior to the date on which such service is required. Any hand trucks, carryalls, or similar appliances used for the delivery or receipt of merchandise or equipment shall be equipped with rubber tires, side guards and such other safeguards as Landlord shall require. Further to the foregoing, all moving contractors or vendors performing any moving service to or from the Building shall be bound by and signatory to a collective bargaining agreement with a labor organization whose jurisdiction covers the type of service to be rendered. Tenant shall comply with the reasonable move-in and move-out rules of the Building, and in this connection all moving companies hired by Tenant will be required to supply certificates of insurance naming Landlord and its management agent as Additional Insured parties.
- Tenants, or the employees, agents, invitees or licensees of Tenant shall not at any time place, leave or discard any rubbish, paper, articles, or objects of any kinds whatsoever outside the doors of the Premises or in the corridors or passageways of the Building.
- Tenant shall not make excessive noises, cause disturbances or vibrations or use or operate any electrical or mechanical devices that emit excessive sound or other waves or disturbances or create obnoxious odors, any of which may be offensive to the other tenants and occupants of the Building, or that would interfere with the operation of any device, equipment, radio, television broadcasting or reception from or within the Building or elsewhere and shall not place or install any projections, antennas, aerials or similar devices inside or outside of the Premises or on the Building without Landlord’s prior written approval.
- Tenant shall not serve, nor permit the serving of alcoholic beverages in the Premises unless Tenant shall have first secured Landlord’s consent and procured Host Liquor Liability Insurance, issued by companies and in a.m.ounts reasonably satisfactory to Landlord, naming Landlord as an additional party insured.
- The requirements of Tenant will be attended to only upon written application at the Office of the Building. Employees shall not perform any work or do anything outside of the regular duties unless under special instructions from the Office of the Building.
- Canvassing, soliciting and peddling in the Building is prohibited and Tenant shall cooperate to prevent the same.
- Except as otherwise explicitly permitted in its Lease, Tenant shall not do any cooking, conduct any restaurant, luncheonette or cafeteria for the sale or service of food or beverages to its employees or to others, install or permit the installation or use of any food, beverage, cigarette, or cigar dispensing machines or permit the delivery of any food or beverage to the Premises, except by such persons delivering the same as shall be approved by Landlord.
- Tenant shall at all times keep the Premises neat and orderly.
- Tenant shall not allow its employees or invitees to loiter in the common areas of the Building, including the hallways, corridors, elevators, doorways, vestibules, stairways and other similar common areas. Such common areas shall not be obstructed by Tenant or used by Tenant or any of Tenant’s employees or invitees for any purpose other than ingress and egress to and from the Premises. At no time shall Tenant permit Tenant’s employees or invitees, while in such common areas, to act in a manner which disturbs or interferes with the business operations of the various tenants in the Building. In this regard, the use of cell phones or similar electronic devices is prohibited within such common areas. Cell phone and like device use is restricted to the lobby of the building, exterior common areas and the various tenant premises.
- SMOKING IS PROHIBITED anywhere within the Building, including each tenant's private office suite or any common area (i. e. hallways, corridors, lobbies, restrooms, elevators, vestibules, stairwells or loading docks), and, in addition, SMOKING IS PROHIBITED in areas exterior to the building which are within 25 feet of any entrance or loading dock to the building.
- Tenant shall not maintain armed security in or about the Premises and Tenant and its employees and invitees shall not possess any weapons, explosives, combustibles or other hazardous devices in or about the Building and/or Premises.
- The common areas, exterior to the Building, inclusive of the sidewalks, landscaped areas, driveways and parking areas shall be kept clear at all times by Tenant, and Tenant's employees and invitees shall not permit any obstructions, articles, materials, garbage, refuse, improvements or equipment in such areas.
- Tenant shall cooperate with Landlord with respect to any building GREEN (e.g. Energy Star, Green Globe and LEED) initiatives or sustainability practices, and Tenant shall be required to reasonably comply with these initiatives and practices within its Premises, including: complying with building procurement policies for low-impact environmentally friendly products; use of low-flow faucets, taps and toilets; cooperating with respect to energy conservation/efficiency targets including use of "Energy Star" appliances; cooperating with respect to specifications for HVAC systems; cooperating with respect to maintenance and construction methods and procedures; cooperating with respect to use of renewable energy; cooperating with respect to use of screens to shield sunlight; complying with building rubbish and recycling practices; and cooperating with respect to indoor air quality standards.
- Tenant shall cooperate with Landlord with respect to Life Safety programs established for the Building. If any emergency situation arises Tenant shall cause all office occupants to vacate the Building if directed to do so by Landlord or any public authority, in the manner prescribed by Landlord or such public authority. Regular life safety drills shall be conducted by Landlord to practice evacuation procedures. Such drills will be announced to building occupants in advance. Tenant and its employees and invitees are to participate in such drills, which may include a complete evacuation of the Building.